New and improved with the professional brewer in mind, the Tilt Pro is the bigger, badder version of the original Tilt Hydrometer. With three times the volume and weight as the original unit, the Tilt Pro's larger size allows for more than double the batter life. With preinstalled Energizer® AA lithium batteries, the Pro will stay powered for up to 5 years depending on usage. So much time you may forget your Tilt actually runs on a battery!
The extra size and weight come with an added bonus: improved specific gravity stability at high krausen, so you will see a steadier read-out on your iPhone, Android, or Raspberry Pi. In addition, Tilt Pro has boosted the range with a high-gain antenna that in testing increased range by 20% vs. the original Tilt. Now you can see your Tilt through thicker heads of foam and heavier stainless steel walls. To top it off they've included the extra decimal of precision available from the sensors and to the read-out so there are now decimal degrees Fahrenheit as well as higher resolution Celsius. Specific gravity now reads out to the 10,000th place (for example 1.0000). You can now see fermentation activity dropping less than a brewer's point per day. In all they've made several adjustments we believe the craft beer professional (and serious home brewer) is sure to appreciate.
- Size: 1.7" (43mm) diameter (max) by 5.4" (140mm) tall
- Weight: 5.4 ounces (153g)
- Specific Gravity Measurement Range: 0.9900 - 1.1200
- Specific Gravity Resolution: 0.00001
- Temperature Measurement Range: 0°F - 140°F (-17.8°C - 60°C)
- Note: Installed lithium batteries include a built in PTC (heat activated fuse) that will temporarily cut power if batteries exceed 140°F.
- Temperature resolution: 0.1°F (0.1°C)
- Absolute Maximum Temperature Range: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Battery: User-replaceable, 2x 1.5v AA battery (Li/FeS2), widely sold as "Energizer® AA Ultimate Lithium".